Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dedication/Anniversary

On Sunday, May 23, we dedicated Kennedy to the Lord. We also celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We are blessed! 
Here are just a few pictures from that day. I still have to get the pictures of the actual service from the grandmas, but until then...here are some pictures that we took after the service. 

All 4 of Kennedy's Great Grandmas were there!
 Great Grandma(Joan)Junker holding Kennedy
Great Grandma(Nadine)Burkhart holding Kennedy
Oma Great holding Kennedy
Great Grandma(Gladys)York holding Kennedy
All the Grandparents
The Burkhart side that could make it
 The Junker side that could make it
Our little family

A little blurry, but still precious

Kennedy (3 mos.) & Etta (10 mos.)



 Burkhart 1st Cousins
 We had a house full!
(My dad enjoyed playing trains with the kids...I love it!)


Brothers enjoying some Sega


-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading the book The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian and wanted to share a prayer that she wrote that I have prayed for Kennedy that really encompasses what the dedication service was about.

Lord, I come to You in Jesus' name and give Kennedy to You. I'm convinced that You alone know what is best for her. You alone know what she needs. I release her to You to care for and protect, and I commit myself to pray for everything concerning her that I can think of or that You put upon my heart. Teach me  how to pray and guide me in what to pray about. Help me not to impose my own will when I'm praying for her, but rather enable me to pray that Your will be done in her life.
Thank You that I can partner in raising her and that I don't have to do this alone. I'm grateful that I don't have to rely on the world's unreliable and ever-changing methods for child rearing, but that I can have clear directions from Your Word and wisdom as I pray to You for answers.
Thank You, Lord, for the precious gift of this child. Because Your Word says that every good gift comes from You, I know that You have given her to me to care for and raise. Help me to do that. Show me places where I continue to hang on to her and enable me to release her to Your protection, guidance, and counsel. Help me not to live in fear of possible dangers, but in the joy and peace of knowing that You are in control. I rely on You for everything, and this day I entrust my child to You and release her into Your hands. Amen.

2 comments:

{jaclyn} said...

what a blessing so many of your family were able to make it! does ryan really have a grandma named nadine? that's crazy!

Unknown said...

He does...isn't that crazy!