Summer is finally here...and that means baseball. Lots and lots of baseball. Kennedy went to her first game lsat week (Thursday 26th). She slept through most of it, which was great because it was also bedtime. Yesterday we went to a tournament in Fort Dodge. We left the house at 8am and got home around 5:30pm. It was a long day, but a great day of baseball. Ryan's team got their first win of the season!
The month of June is literally filled with games...about one a day (excluding Sundays) with a tournament every Saturday. I am looking forward to going to as many games as I can. I just hope Kennedy will get used to sleeping in a stroller. This girl loves her space which makes it a little difficult to get her to nap at games. She would love to be just laid down. Oh well...she'll learn, right?
Nap #1...after several minutes of rocking her as she fussed...she gave in and fell asleep. Luckily she stayed asleep as I laid her in her carseat.
However, she only slept for about 45 minutes due to a blowout, which I had to change in the grass (on a changing mat), not to mention on a bumpy, slanted surface. Her outfit wasn't a total lose (whew!) and I cleaned up what I could and moved on.
A visit to the mound to talk to the pitcher
He is an awesome coach!
Coach Barber and Coach Burkhart
Nap #2...also a bit short. It was so windy, it kept waking her up
For her last nap at the game I decided to hold her the entire time. This worked great! She slept really well and was blocked by both the sun and the wind. I am so smart!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I also wanted to share with you a recent "purchase" I made. On Saturday our community had a garage sale day. Ryan and I didn't have one of our own because we didn't have much to sell...so we put some stuff in our neighbor's sale. Anyway, I had a nice walk around the town, visiting many sales, but not finding anything. I really wasn't planning on buying anything because we are on a strict budget and really don't need anything.
However, one thing we lack in our home is seating. I've been looking for new chairs for our kitchen table and a new couch for more comfortable seating. I was at my neighbor's garage sale and found a chair that I found charming (Ryan found hideous). I asked how much they wanted...they said $1. I thought that our budget could allow that. Since we live right across the alley from each other they said they'd just bring it over now. As I went to get my money out they said "You can just have it". Awesome! I just got a chair for free!
You might not find this chair very appealing, but once you sit in it, you'll love it! It is so comfy! (Plus is matches our door)
Jaclyn, I thought you'd appreciate this. :)










1 comment:
:):) yes! i love it! i once found a green chair just like it and josh veto-ed it. as long as it's comfortable i bet you can win ryan over though, eventually...i also spotted an orange velour chair last week but some girl beat me to it. and i was aghast to hear her say, 'it probably won't stay orange very long.' some people! :) good find nadine!
Post a Comment